PowerEdge MX840c Compute Sled
Designed for Dell EMC’s PowerEdge MX kinetic infrastructure ecosystem, the PowerEdge MX840c server, with dense compute, exceptionally large memory capacity and highly expandable storage subsystem, delivers the flexibility and agility needed in today’s demanding, shared-resource environments.
- Double-width; up to four sleds per PowerEdge MX7000 chassis.
- Two or four, up to 28-core second-generation Intel Xeon®Scalable processors per sled, up to 448 cores per chassis.
- Up to 48 DDR4 DIMMs slots, 6 TB max memory and speeds up to 2933MT/s; up to 192 DIMMS per chassis for up to 24.5TB max memory.
- Supports up to 24 DIMM slots for Intel Optane DC persistent memory DCPMM (12.2TB) with a maximum total capacity of 15.36TB per server.
- Up to eight 2.5″ drive bays for SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) and NVMe PCIe SSD support plus optional M.2 boot.