PowerEdge C4140 Server
Meet the demands of cognitive computing workloads with a dense, accelerator-optimized 1U server supporting 4 GPUs and superior thermal efficiency.
2x Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors: 4114, 6130, 6148, 6140 at RTS up to 20 cores per processor
Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS 16.04.3
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.4
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3®
Support for the following PCIE NW adaptors:
Mellanox ConnectX-4 Single Port VPI QSFP28 EDR LP PCIe Adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-4 Dual Port VPI QSFP28 EDR LP PCIe Adapter
Intel Omni-Path Single Port Host Fabric Adapter 100 Series LP PCIe Adapter
Intel 2x 10GbE adapter
Intel 2x 25GbE adapter
Support for 2x NVMe/PCIE SSD AIC in rear slots:
Accelerators or GPUs
NVIDIA P40, P100 12GB PCIe, P100 16GB PCIe and NVLink, V100 16GB PCIe and NVLink
I/O and Ports
Intel 10GbE Quad Port (2+2) Base-T NDC
Intel 10GbE Quad Port SFP+ (2+2) NDC
Power button System ID/Status LED
Health Status LED
2x USB 3.0 ports
iDRAC Ethernet port
RDIMM: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
Up to 24 DIMMs
OpenManage Essentials (OME)
OpenManage Server Administrator
2000W or 2400W hot-plug, redundant power supply unit (PSU)
TPM 1.2/2.0 optional
Cryptographically signed firmware
Internal controllers: Boot Optimized Storage system (M.2), internal dual SD module
Designed for the most demanding cognitive and technical computing
Give challenging cognitive computing workloads what they need with this high-density, accelerator-optimized server. The PowerEdge C4140 provides maximum density and outstanding thermal efficiency for scale-out performance. Speed up your applications with four GPUs/FPGAs in a 1U, 2-socket package.
- Big data analytics
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
- High-performance technical computing
Increase performance with flexible accelerator technology
The PowerEdge C4140 is an incredibly dense rack server designed to handle the most demanding technical computing workloads in financial services, life sciences, machine and deep learning, oil and gas exploration, and high-performance computing (HPC).
- Features the latest generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors at 165W thermal design power (TDP).
- The C4140 delivers un-throttled performance with its unique interleaved GPU design and no-compromise acceleration technology.
- Supports up to 300W per accelerator card.
Gain productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that can increase productivity up to 90%.*
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help insure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
There are no inquiries yet.