PowerEdge R940 Rack Server
Demand uncompromising performance
Power your mission-critical applications and make real-time decisions with the 4-socket R940 in just 3U with up to 12 NVMe drives.
Up to four Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores
Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS Citrix® XenServer®
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server VMware® ESXi
Optional LCD or Security bezel
TPM 1.2/2.0 optional Cryptographically signed firmware
Front drive bays:
Up to 24 x 2.5” drives (up to 12 x NVMe)
Max Storage 122 TB
48 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMM /LRDIMM, up to 2666MT/s, 6TB max
Up to 12 NVDIMM, 384 GB Max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
iDRAC REST API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
Microsoft® System Center
BMC software (available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Network daughter card options:
4x 1Gb, 4x 10Gb, 2x 10Gb+2x 1Gb, or 2x 25Gb
Video, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated IDRAC Direct USB
Video, serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
Up to 13 x Gen3 slots, (3 x8 + 10 x16)
Platinum 1100W, 1600W, 2000W, 2400W, 336-
380VDC 1100W, Gold 48VDC 1100W
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option 8 hot plugs fans with full redundancy
PERC S140, H330, H730P, H740P Boot optimized Storage Subsystem
External HBAs (RAID):
External HBAs (non-RAID):
12 Gbps SAS HBA
Maximize application performance and eliminate I/O bottlenecks
Empower your organization to make the best decisions fast using real-time data and analytics. The PowerEdge R940 supports 50% more NVMe drives than the R930, up to 48 DIMMs (12 of which can be NVDIMMs) and up to 6TB of memory*. Make I/O bottlenecks a thing of the past and keep processor utilization at its peak.
- In-memory database
- Unix to Linux migration
- ERP, CRM
- Dense virtualization
Transform IT with Dell EMC PowerEdge
The R940 is the foundation to transform your data center with modern applications for real-time data and analytics. Its massive resource footprint optimizes application performance and scales to meet your organization’s demands.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 12 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales easily.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors*.
- Help eliminate bottlenecks with up to 6TB of memory in 48 DIMMS, 12 of which can be NVDIMMs.
- Expand with up to 13 PCIe Gen 3 slots.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
There are no inquiries yet.